Wednesday 2 February 2011

Take two.

Anyone can be a writer if they can make a commitment to their words. 

"The problem is, she said serenely. I am amazingly comfortable around you. I feel I can be myself around you. My natural, unedited self."
I opened my mouth to speak, but she continued before the words formed. 
And the awful thing is, my natural unedited self is sad, desperate and grieving. People say their loved ones bring out the best in them. But you, you bring out the awful in me."


The main problem is, I'm comfortable around you
What?
I'm comfortable around you. I don't have to worry about what I say or do, I know you won't judge me. I can be natural, myself around you.
Whats the problem with that?
What if I don't want to feel like my natural self?
What do you mean?
I don't like how I feel when I'm being me. I like how who I'm pretending to be feels. 




No comments: