Saturday 5 February 2011

Thursday morning I was woken by a hammering at my door. Slightly staggered and assuming it was the postman I rolled out of bed straight to the door. Liam burst in which made me smile. Liams one of my favourite people. As soon as I had this thought he simply said "Grannys dying, get dressed".
I did. Knickers, leggings, Bra, Dress. Socks in the car. Handbag. Go. 
This was no surprise. This day has been coming for years
We spent yesterday with Granny. 

Today (Friday 4th) I woke up at Liams/Kirstys with Kirsty sat on the end of my bed. Kirsty is another one of my very favourite people and it was quite pleasant to wake to this until she opened her mouth. Granny died arond 3.30am.
Head went into pillow. Still half asleep I said I was sorry and very quickly began to get up and out of bed. We went to Grannys house and spent the day doing what you do when someone dies. Make endless amounts of tea, move furnature to keep yourselves busy. 

If it where two days ago Granny would have died in a hospital bed alone.
As it was Granny died in her own bedroom, with her love of 70 years asleep at the foot of her bed. Granny went peacefully. Granny has her Grandson now.

She welcomed me into her home, her family and her arms, and she left an imprint on everything she touched. 
R.I.P. Lillian Fullbrook.
Granny Fullbrook. 




No comments: